Palacký University Arts Centre
Univerzitní 3, Olomouc
The Baroque building of the former Jesuit College is one of the oldest parts of the university in Olomouc, reconstructed and transformed into a modern academic complex and hub of Olomouc’s cultural life. (For details, visit Palacký University Arts Centre website.)
We have arranged a discounted rate for participants of the Symposium at the small private Hotel Arigone (www.orea.cz/hotel-arigone), located across the street from the conference venue, Palacký University’s Arts Centre.
Single room: 1 500 CZK + city fee 21 CZK/person
Double room: 1 660 CZK + city fee 21 CZK/person
The special rate includes breakfast.
This rate is available until January 15, 2023. Rooms may be cancelled by January 15, 2023 without a fee.
- Use the link UPOL2023 to enter the booking system for the Symposium.
- You will be given the reduced Symposium room rate automatically.
- Choose your dates and number of people.
- Finish the reservation process though entering your payment.
Other Accommodation in Olomouc
Olomouc has a number of other small and medium-sized hotels. These hotels are close to the conference venue, within a 2-10 minute walk. We do not have any discount arrangements for the Symposium with these hotels, but you may contact them directly to book.
The following are chain hotels, located several tram stops from the conference venue:
We have arranged housing for students in Palacký University’s dormitory hotel, the Kolej Generál Svoboda Dormitory, located at Smeralova 12. For further information see https://skm.upol.cz/en/accommodation/envelopa-campus/#c3816 and scroll to the bottom of the page for transportation directions. Palacký University Olomouc , through a grant of the Erasmus+ programme, is happy to provide you with meals and accommodation during your 2 days in Olomouc. Note the number of stipends is limited: First come, first served basis – to receive your stipend contact Maike Leidecker email@example.com as soon as possible!
If you travel by air, we recommend Prague, Brno or Vienna airports as a destination. Due to its location right in the middle of Moravia, Olomouc is easily accessible by road and train. Trains and buses operate on a frequent and regular basis.
Palacký University’s Welcome Office has travel information to assist you in your arrival to the city, and about public transportation within Olomouc.
For detailed instructions on how to get to Olomouc easily, visit our page
To reach the Symposium venue Palacký University Arts Centre from the Main Railway Station (Olomouc hlavní nádraží):
- Exit the station and the tram stop will be on your left
- Buy a single ticket for 18 CZK from a yellow ticket machine at the tram stop
- Take Tram 2 (direction Neředín, krematorium), 3 (direction U Kapličky), 4, (direction Nová Ulice), or 6 direction Nová Ulice)
- Get off at the fourth stop Náměstí Republiky
- Walk along Denisova street (in the same direction as the tram you just exited) and turn left at the first street Univerzitní. The entrance to the Arts Centre is on your left through the archway.
For further information, see the city’s transportation website at www.dpmo.cz/en. If you do not wish to take public transportation, taxis are available in the parking lot to the right after you exit the station. Parking is available on an hourly basis in Náměstí Republiky or at the nearest parking garage at Koželužská 29.